- The high voltage must not be switched on through the preamplifier
before the power supply is functioning.
- High voltage must be originally set to zero and switched off.
- Check NIM bin is switched on.
- Before starting to power up, the polarity switch on the high voltage
needs to be checked - is it an n-type or p-type semiconductor?
- Switch on the mains supply, put in a simple source (60Co)
near the detector.
- The high voltage can now be switched on and turned up slowly (~100
to about half the full rated voltage.
- To check the voltage is having an effect, a pulse should be created
on the oscilloscope.
- The voltage can now be increased as before up to the operating
- Once up to operating voltage the electronics should be allowed to
warm up and stabilise before use.
Return to previous page